As we prepare to celebrate Halloween, we have a lot of treats coming out with the latest Addigy release. As always, the updates are based on your feedback, and we've included the respective card numbers alongside each new feature, user interface update, and bug fix for reference by our users.
New Features and Enhancements
User enhancements were a key focus for us with this release, especially when involving our TCC update. With macOS Mojave, the TCC privacy changes require approval to do specific tasks. When devices register to our MDM server, TCC profiles are automatically deployed to whitelist functions that are required by the Addigy Agent. This removes any prompts for the end user and ensures that the software is installed with the required permissions. We also provided the ability to upload your own MDM profiles which allows you to set custom TCC permissions for any application you may require or feature you may want. The updates in this release include but are not limited to:
Users can now deploy any XML-based MDM profile generated offline using tools like Profile Manager and uploaded into Addigy (AM-3496)
Enhanced security for custom subdomains (AM-3495)
VPP installed apps can now be updated inline to the most recent app versions available (AM-2102)
Addigy-required TCC whitelist profiles are automatically deployed when devices register with MDM (AM-3481)
UI Fixes and Enhancements
Not only do we have featured treats with this release but a few tricks as well with the following bug fixes and UI enhancements:
Dashboard widget text and numerical values are no longer truncated when resizing the window (AM-2317)
- New software ‘Version’ drop-down selector added to GoLive > Deployments > Custom Software and GoLive > Deployments > Public Software sections
Removed unnecessary icons from Software Metering legend on System Dashboard (AM-3459)
Updated layout of Catalog > Edit Profile form
Updated print stylesheets for all Dashboards (just use your browser's print command to get a formatted report)
Made some colors consistent between the Dashboard > Assets page and the weekly report
- Integrations page did not load properly for custom subdomains (AM-3516)
- pblock utility did not block second application open attempts when initial end-user notification window remained open (AM-3488)
- Users with restricted policy access permission were unable to confirm or save changes to certain catalog items (AM-3366)
- Child policy MDM settings were not given precedence over parent policy MDM settings (AM-3037)
- System emails were occasionally delivered without template formatting or content (AM-3547)
- Watchman Monitoring option was not always visible on Policies > Integrations tab (AM-3588)
A Big Thank You to Our Users
Our users are at the center of everything Addigy, and we'd be remiss if we didn't thank them for all their feedback. Because of you, we continue striving towards being a little better than we were yesterday.
Not an Addigy user yet? Contact our team today to learn more about how we empower our users to succeed every day. Looked at Addigy in the past? We challenge you to take another look and see what's changed. We are confident you will like what you see.
Keep I.T. Real,
The Addigy Team.