The Addigy Team hopes everyone had a fantastic 4th of July and are ready to tackle the rest of the coming summer months. While wrapping up a busy and successful second quarter of the year, our team has been hard at work to continue enhancing the Apple device management & service delivery experience for our users by making a couple of advancements to our tool. Here are some of the highlights we'd like to share with you regarding our latest release.
User Interface Updates
Servicing Apple devices should be an easy and intuitive process. Reflecting our commitment to keep our users’ experience the best one available today, we have gathered your feedback and updated requested areas of our user interface. These updated areas include but are not limited to:
- Improved table column views throughout app for better readability
- Catalog software now displays as rows to maximize space
- Repositioned billing elements for ease of use
- Enhanced existing MDM Elements for scaling
- Improved load times in several large table views
Consistent Table Views
For Apple administrators, having granular visibility into their portfolio is necessary for implementing a proactive and data-driven approach to end-user service. To further improve device visibility for administrators across an entire organization, we have added support for the following features:
- Ability to export Applications Dashboard data
- Auto-Remediation now logs actions in ticket integrations
To begin exporting application dashboard data, head to Dashboard > click the "Applications" section in the drop-down > and select "Export Applications Data."
Export Applications Dashboard Data
Security is actively considered in every aspect of our product, along with every decision we make. This release we’ve added support for new security features to help our users stay protected and will continue to put a security-first approach to design, infrastructure, and development. Our newest security features include but are not limited to:
- Company reports now require an authenticated user login
- Restricted users can only see policies that account owners specify
- Toggling the Addigy Live Terminal will show up in the events page
In addition to supporting new features and functionality as well as updating areas of the web interface, we have also invested a significant amount of time shaping our platform to be more robust in areas essential to our users’ success. These improvements include, but are not limited to:
- Corrected an issue preventing website blocking from working properly
- Enhanced logging for Ticketing Integrations
- Corrected a rare condition in which DUO Integration failed
- Devices now display the latest MS Office version
- Scheduler no longer reverts scheduled display time
- Fixed an issue that caused Policies to appear twice in the Policy Dropdown list
- Adjusted the color of the icon for DEP completion
Once again, we would like to give a big thanks to our Addigy users for their continued support. Because of you, we continue striving towards being a little better than we were yesterday.
Not an Addigy user yet? Contact our team today to learn more about how we empower our users to succeed every day. Looked at Addigy in the past? We challenge you to take another look and see what's changed. We are confident you will like what you see.
Keep I.T. Real,
The Addigy Team.